In my last blog post, I said I’d be adding some tin-foil dinner recipes. Below are a couple and links to two sites that I found had several of them that looked pretty good.
I tried a few of these dinners and two recipes are below. Next time I’ll be sure to get pictures of them as I make them and when they’re done!
Keep in mind you don’t have to only cook these on a grill. They can be cooked on charcoal or on wood embers from your campfire. You can also cook them in a crockpot. Remember to always wrap them tightly and use heavy duty aluminum foil.
Being full time in an R V usually means you don’t have a full-size refrigerator or freezer. Some of the larger Fifth Wheels or Motor Coaches do, but ours does not. We also don’t have much of a pantry. All that means is we have to shop more often. I usually try to keep only the basics on hand as far as spices and seasonings are concerned. This means the recipes are usually simple but I try to make them tasty.
Corn on the Cob is an easy one to fix. Remove the husk and silk; add salt and butter. Wrap it securely in heavy-duty foil; place it on the grill for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally and you’re done. Add some sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and you have a great side dish.
Lemon Chicken and Asaparagus Foil Packet for four
Ingredients and Instructions for this tin foil dinner are:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness or 6-8 boneless chicken thighs. Chicken thighs are smaller than the breasts so you’ll want to put two in each serving packet.
- 1 large bundle of asparagus spears, which is about one pound
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic ( I used one fresh garlic clove that I had and chopped it up into small pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning ( this is one seasoning I usually keep on hand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lay four 12×12 inch squares of foil out on a flat surface.Place one chicken breast or two thighs in the middle of the foil square.
- Cut off about 1-2 inches off the hard end of the asparagus. Cut the spears in half and divide them among the foil packets.
- Divide the lemon slices between the foil packets and tuck them around the chicken and the asparagus
- Mix together the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and some lemon juice. Brush over the chicken and asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil over the chicken and asparagus to close off the packet. Secure it tightly.
- Grill them over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes on each side
- Serve immediately.